Michael D. Hankin
President and Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Hankin is President and Chief Executive Officer of Brown Advisory, a position he has held since the firm became independent from Alex. Brown & Sons/Bankers Trust on June 30, 1998. He has spent over 30 years assisting a wide range of individuals and institutions on their investment and financial matters. He was formerly a partner with the law firm of Piper & Marbury (now “DLA Piper”) headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland. Education
- Emory University, B.A. and M.A., Summa Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa, (1979)
- The University of Virginia School of Law, J.D. (1982)
- Trustee and Vice Chairman, Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Trustee, The Johns Hopkins University
- Member, Board of Managers, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Lab
- Chairman, Baltimore Waterfront Partnership and Management Authority
- Trustee, Baltimore Community Foundation
- Director, Greater Baltimore Committee
- President, Land Preservation Trust, Inc.
- Trustee, Center for Large Landscape Conservation, Inc.
- Past Chairman, Board of Trustees of the Maryland Zoological Society (The Maryland Zoo)