Click the table above to enlarge.
**Return is for period May 1, 2015 through December 31, 2015
Brown Advisory Institutional claims compliance with the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®) and has prepared and presented this report in compliance with the GIPS standards. Brown Advisory Institutional has been independently verified for the periods from January 1, 1993 through December 31, 2016. The Verification reports are available upon request. Verification assesses whether (1) the firm has complied with all the composite construction requirements of the GIPS standards on a firm-wide basis and (2) the firm’s policies and procedures are designed to calculate and present performance in compliance with the GIPS standards. Verification does not ensure the accuracy of any specific composite presentation. GIPS® is a registered trademark owned by CFA Institute.
- *For the purpose of complying with the GIPS standards, the firm is defined as Brown Advisory Institutional, the Institutional and Balanced Institutional asset management divisions of Brown Advisory. As of July 1, 2016, the firm was redefined to exclude the Brown Advisory Private Client division, due to an evolution of the three distinct business lines.
- The Global Leaders Composite aims to achieve capital appreciation by investing primarily in global equities. The strategy will invest in equity securities of companies that the portfolio manager believes are leaders within their industry or country, as demonstrated by an ability to deliver high relative return on invested capital over time.
- This composite was created in 2015.
- The benchmark is the Russell Global Large-Cap Net Index. This index offers investors access to the large-cap segment of the entire global equity universe. The index is constructed to provide a comprehensive and unbiased barometer for the large-cap segment and is completely reconstituted annually to accurately reflect the changes in the market over time. Russell® is a trademark/service mark of the London Stock Exchange Group companies. One cannot invest directly in an index. Benchmark returns are not covered by the report of the independent verifiers. Benchmark returns are not covered by the report of the independent verifiers.
- The dispersion of annual returns is measured by the equal weighted standard deviation of portfolio returns. The composite dispersion is not applicable (N/A) for periods where there were five or fewer accounts in the composite for the entire period.
- Gross-of-fees performance returns are presented before management fees but after all trading commissions, and gross of foreign withholding taxes (if applicable). Net-of-fee performance returns reflect the deduction of actual management fees and all trading commissions. Other expenses can reduce returns to investors. The standard management fee schedule is as follows: 0.80% on the first $25 million; 0.70% on the next $25 million; 0.65% on the next $50 million; and 0.50% on the balance over $100 million. Further information regarding investment advisory fees is described in Part II A of the firm’s form ADV. Actual fees paid by accounts in the composite may differ from the current fee schedule.
- The three-year annualized ex-post standard deviation measures the variability of the composite (using gross returns) and the benchmark for the 36-month period ended on December 31. The 3 year annualized standard deviation is not presented as of December 31, 2015, because 36 monthly returns for the composite were not available (NA) and the composite did not exist.
- Valuations and performance returns are computed and stated in U.S. Dollars. All returns reflect the reinvestment of income and other earnings.
- A complete list of composite descriptions, policies for valuing portfolios, calculating performance, and preparing compliant presentations are available upon request.
- Past performance does not indicate future results.
- This piece is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a research report, a recommendation or suggestion to engage in or refrain from a particular course of action or to make or hold a particular investment or pursue a particular investment strategy, including whether or not to buy, sell or hold any of the securities mentioned, including any mutual fund managed by Brown Advisory.