As global head of security, Kathleen is responsible for actively leading the physical security function of all Brown Advisory’s offices. She helps elevate Brown Advisory's approach to privacy and security for the firm’s clients and colleagues. Kathleen also develops, leads and helps execute crisis management and emergency response programs for the firm. Prior to joining Brown Advisory, she served as director of security project engineering at New York University. In this role she was responsible for the management of physical security and safety design for facilities protection. At New York University, Kathleen also served as the senior advisor to the vice president for global security and as global crime prevention programs manager during her tenure. Kathleen previously served as the criminal intelligence and analysis unit manager for the Harford County Sheriff’s Office and as a law enforcement analyst for the Maryland State police.
- East Carolina University, BS
- Law Enforcement Security Assessment Specialist
- Crime Prevention Specialist
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED)
- Open Source Intelligence Analysis Instructor
- DHS/FEMA Critical Incident Management Certifications