Each year, our Investment Solutions Group (ISG) assess the current investment landscape and discuss how we are positioning client portfolios. Download the full report >
Our new publication “Outlook 2022: Inflection Points” by Sid Ahl, Erika Pagel, Taylor Graff and J.R. Rodrigo is now available. This year’s report examines several issues that the team is monitoring as we head into 2022. Please note that we merged this with our annual Sustainable Investing Outlook (please see last year's Moving Forward here) to reflect how deeply enmeshed sustainability is to our broader investment thinking. Some of the topics we focus on this year include:
- Major trends in technology across public and private markets, including frontier technologies like Web3.
- Inflationary dynamics, which may be at an inflection point but may have been important in supporting elevated asset class valuations for more than a decade. We also examine potential inflation hedges, including real estate.
- Emerging trends in Sustainable Investing, including the dynamics in the fast-evolving EV market and the broadening of ESG classifications.
- The outlook for China, which faced headwinds in 2021 and is expected to navigate meaningful political transitions and structural challenges in the year ahead
- In the Taking Stock section, we examine our performance over the last decade and discuss hits and misses
The information provided in this material is not intended to be and should not be considered to be a recommendation or suggestion to engage in or refrain from a particular course of action or to make or hold a particular investment or pursue a particular investment strategy, including whether or not to buy, sell, or hold any of the securities mentioned. It should not be assumed that investments in such securities have been or will be profitable. To the extent specific securities are mentioned, they have been selected by the author on an objective basis to illustrate views expressed in the commentary and do not represent all of the securities purchased, sold or recommended for advisory clients. The information contained herein has been prepared from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by us as to its timeliness or accuracy, and is not a complete summary or statement of all available data. This piece is intended solely for our clients and prospective clients, is for informational purposes only, and is not individually tailored for or directed to any particular client or prospective client.