The Latin American equity strategy aims to achieve capital growth by investing in a concentrated portfolio of high-quality Latin American growth companies. The strategy seeks high absolute returns over the long term and minimises the level of long term risk by choosing well-capitalised, high-quality investments at reasonable valuations.
- We invest in what we identify as the best managed companies in under-penetrated industries that are likely to outgrow nominal GDP.
- We seek companies that can grow in almost any economic environment and that can fund most of their growth with internally-generated cash.
- We focus our investments on companies that produce a return on invested capital (ROIC) clearly above their cost of capital and that should be able to compound their earnings growth in double digits for many years to come.
- We aim to purchase these companies at reasonable valuations and hold them for the long term.
- Our strategy benefits from two portfolio managers with over 28 years’ experience investing in Latin American markets and who share a belief that low-turnover, concentrated portfolios derived from sound fundamental research can generate attractive outperformance.
Findlay Park Strategy Inception Date: October 10, 2006
Vehicle: Separately Managed Account, UCITS Fund