Brien is the head of the Washington, D.C. office and a portfolio manager providing strategic investment advice to private clients and families. Prior to joining Brown Advisory, Brien worked as an investment advisor for Franklin Street Partners. Previously, he was an investment banking analyst with Morgan Stanley and chief operating officer for HMS Golf Management.
- University of North Carolina, BA (1999)
- President, Kenan-Flagler Business School Foundation
- Trustee, Federal City Council
- Finance Committee, St. Patrick’s Episcopal Day School
- Board Member, National Rehabilitation Hospital
- Member, Aspen Institute Society of Fellows
- Board Member, Langston Initiative Partners