Brien is a partner, member of the executive team and chief operating officer of U.S. private client, endowments and foundations. Previously, Brien was a portfolio manager and served as the head of the Washington and Carolinas offices. Prior to joining Brown Advisory, Brien worked as an investment advisor for Franklin Street Partners. He was also an investment banking analyst with Morgan Stanley and chief operating officer for HMS Golf Management.
- University of North Carolina, BA (Morehead Scholar)
- President, Kenan-Flagler Business School Foundation
- Trustee, Federal City Council
- Board Member, Langston Initiative Partners
- Board Member, Investment Committee for Holton-Arms School
- Board Member, Endowment Committee for Landon School