Brien is a partner, member of the Executive team and chief operating officer of U.S. private client, endowments and foundations. Previously, Brien was a portfolio manager and served as the head of the Washington and Carolinas offices. Prior to joining Brown Advisory, Brien worked as an investment advisor for Franklin Street Partners. He was also an investment banking analyst with Morgan Stanley and chief operating officer for HMS Golf Management. Brien is a graduate of the University of North Carolina where he was a Morehead Scholar.
- University of North Carolina, BA
- President, Kenan-Flagler Business School Foundation
- Trustee, Federal City Council
- Board Member, National Rehabilitation Hospital
- Board Member, Langston Initiative Partners
- Board Member, Investment Committee for Holton-Arms School