John is a partner and serves as a strategic advisor. Prior to joining Brown Advisory in 2001, he spent over 11 years in private law practice where he was a partner and co-chair of the tax department at Ober, Kaler, Grimes & Shriver. He currently works on various boards of directors for charitable institutions in the Baltimore area, including Charm City Lacrosse and St. Martin’s-in-the-Field Episcopal Church, and is legal counsel and an ex-officio board member of U.S. Lacrosse Foundation.
- University of Maryland School of Law, JD (with honors) (1990)
- Washington & Lee University, BA (Cum Laude) (1987)
- Member, Endowment Committee, St. Martin's-in-the-Field Episcopal Church
- Board Member, First Fruits Farm, Inc.
- Advisory Board Member, Charm City Lacrosse, Inc.
- Ex-Officio Board Member and Legal Counsel of the U.S. Lacrosse Foundation, Inc.