Brett is a partner, a member of the Executive Team and serves as general counsel and chief compliance officer. In this role, he oversees compliance, legal and internal audit. Before joining Brown Advisory in September 2009, he was director and global head of risk management governance in Deutsche Bank’s Asset Management Division and chief compliance officer of the Germany Funds, a NYSE-listed complex of closed-end funds. While at Deutsche he also served as deputy chief compliance officer of the DWS/Scudder family of mutual funds and chief compliance officer of Deutsche Asset Management (Japan) Limited.
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, JD
- University of Maryland R.H. Smith School of Business, MBA
- Georgetown University, AB
- Board of Directors, Chesapeake Bay Outward Bound School
- Board of Directors, Barbara McDowell Foundation
- Board of Directors, Kasina Youth Foundation
- Certified Investment Fund Director, CIFDI, Institute of Bankers in Ireland