Brien is a partner, a member of the Executive Team and serves as chief operating officer for the firm. Brien joined the firm as a portfolio manager and head of the Carolinas office before moving to head of the Washington office and eventually chief operating officer of the private client endowment & foundation business. Prior to joining Brown Advisory, Brien worked as an investment advisor for Franklin Street Partners. He began his career as an investment banking analyst with Morgan Stanley.
- University of North Carolina, BA (Morehead Scholar)
- Board Member, Endowment Fund of UNC-Chapel Hill
- Board Member, UNC Investment Fund
- Trustee, Federal City Council
- Board Member, Landon School
- Board Member, Investment Committee for Holton-Arms School
- Past President, Kenan-Flagler Business School Foundation