Porter is a partner and serves as a portfolio manager and head of the Delaware office. He joined Brown Advisory after 13 years at Marvin & Palmer Associates, Inc., a global equity management firm, where he was a partner and portfolio manager for emerging markets and domestic large-cap growth equity portfolios. Prior to that, he spent four years in institutional sales for Peregrine Securities in Hong Kong before spending four years in Hong Kong with Goldman Sachs Asia.
- University of Virginia, BA (1992)
- Chairman of the Board, Stroud Water Research Center
- Board Member, Treasurer, Longwood Gardens
- Board Member, Treasurer, Delaware Wild Lands
- Board Member, Finance Committee, The Conservation Fund