Stuart is a partner, co-head of strategic advisory, and head of the Carolinas office, and he serves as a strategic advisor for clients. He is based in Chapel Hill, NC. Prior to joining Brown Advisory, Stuart was a partner with Ward and Smith, P.A. in Raleigh, NC, where he served as the leader of the firm’s Trusts and Estates Law Practice Group. He is certified by the North Carolina State Bar as a specialist in estate planning and probate law, he is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, and he was recognized as 2013’s “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers. Stuart is active with several charitable organizations, including the North Carolina Community Foundation and the North Carolina Bar Association and Foundation. As a strategic advisor, Stuart assists clients with tax planning, estate planning, business planning, charitable planning, and related matters.
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Juris Doctor, with honors
- Davidson College, AB Economics, cum laude
- Member of the Finance Committee and Past Chair, Board of Trustees of the North Carolina Community Foundation
- Member of the Investment Committee and Endowment Committee, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member of the Board of Directors of the North Carolina Bar Foundation
- Member, Board of Advisors of the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation