Stuart is a partner, co-head of strategic advisory, head of the Carolinas office and serves as a strategic advisor for clients. He is based in Chapel Hill, NC. Prior to joining Brown Advisory, Stuart was a partner with Ward and Smith, P.A. in Raleigh, NC, where he served as the leader of the firm’s Trusts and Estates Law Practice Group. He is certified by the North Carolina State Bar as a specialist in estate planning and probate law, he is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, and he was recognized as 2013’s “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers. Stuart is active with several charitable organizations, including as a board member of the North Carolina North Carolina Community Foundation, where he is a past Chair and currently chairs the Strategic Planning Committee. As a strategic advisor, Stuart assists clients with tax planning, estate planning, business planning, charitable planning, and related matters.
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Juris Doctor, with honors
- Davidson College, AB Economics, cum laude
- Member and Immediate Past Chair, Board of Trustees of the North Carolina Community Foundation
- Member of the Investment Committee and Endowment Committee, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors of the Easter Seals/UCP Foundation