Terry is a partner and serves as a senior advisor and portfolio manager. He has worked in the investment field since 1970 and merged his prior firm with Brown Advisory in 2007. In 1990, Terry partnered with Walter Haynes and co-founded Beaty Haynes & Associates, Inc. In this role, Terry worked to counsel clients and searched for investment opportunities across a broad spectrum including traditional stocks and bonds, emerging growth situations, foreign securities, venture capital, and real estate. For 20 years prior to founding Beaty Haynes & Associates, Terry served as an officer (President for the last six) of Davidge & Company, a Washington D.C. investment council firm.
- Harvard Business School (with distinction) (1968)
- Princeton University (Phi Beta Kappa, Magna Cum Laude) (1966)
- Board Member and Head of Investment Committee, Community Foundation of the National Capital Area
- Executive Committee Member, Fort Ticonderoga
- Executive Committee Member, High School Home Health Aid Foundation
- Member, Princeton University History Department Advisory Board
- Trustee, American Battlefield Trust