Tom is a partner and portfolio manager at Brown Advisory. He works on the firm’s family office practice by creating diversified portfolios that align with their investment strategy. Prior to joining the firm, Tom served as the founder and CEO of Plank Industries (now known as Sagamore Ventures) the private holding company of Kevin Plank, Under Armour’s founder, executive chairman and brand chief. Mr. Geddes managed the family’s investment portfolio and philanthropic efforts. Prior to his work with the Plank family, Mr. Geddes worked as an investment advisor but also spent time in the nonprofit sector after beginning his career as a teacher.
- Johns Hopkins University, MA
- University of Cambridge, M. Phil
- University of North Carolina, BA (Morehead-Cain Scholar)
- Board member, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
- Board member, National Advisory Council for President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper Alliance
- Chair, MedStar Harbor Hospital