Karina is a partner and co-portfolio manager of the Brown Advisory Large-Cap Sustainable Growth strategy (LCSG) and chair of sustainable investing. Karina joined Brown Advisory in 2009 and has extensive investment experience spanning early-stage ventures to debt and public equities. Karina is a respected leader in the investment community having been profiled in many leading financial publications, including Barron’s inaugural list of 100 Most Influential Women in Finance. She and co-portfolio manager David Powell have developed a distinctive fundamental research methodology focused on finding companies at the intersection of positive fundamental and sustainable business drivers. Karina was previously an equity research analyst for Winslow Management Co, a principal at Charles River Ventures, and an investment manager at the Massachusetts Renewable Energy Trust.
- École Polytechnique, France, Post-Graduate Diploma (1998)
- MIT, MS in Civil & Environmental Engineering (1997)
- MIT, MS in Technology & Policy (1997)
- Purdue University, BS in Chemical Engineering (1994)
- Brown Advisory Sustainable Investing Advisory Board
- Charles River Watershed Association Advisory Board and Investment Committee