Steven is a partner of Brown Advisory, an investment firm advising private clients and institutions on diversified portfolios and related strategic and governance advice. The firm has been recognized for its strength in sustainable investing. Steven was a founding partner of Highmount Capital LLC, an investment and wealth management firm which was successfully merged with Brown Advisory in 2015. He began his career at Chemical Bank in New York and Zurich. He also had client advisory and leadership roles at Bessemer Trust in New York and Pell Rudman (now Atlantic Trust) in Boston.
- University of Pennsylvania, BA (cum laude)
- Board Member, Brown Advisory International Advisory Board
- Chairman, Corporation Board at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Chairman Emeritus, American Swiss Foundation
- Chairman of the Advisory Board, Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute (STRI) in Panama
- Senior Mentor, swissnex in Cambridge
- President's Council, Ceres