Alex is a partner and head of fiduciary services at Brown Advisory. As the firm's senior fiduciary officer, he is responsible for the oversight of trust and fiduciary relationships and for the delivery of fiduciary services and advice to solve our clients' complex legacy planning objectives.
Prior to joining Brown Advisory, Alex was Senior Fiduciary Officer and Senior Legal Counsel at The Northern Trust Company. He previously enjoyed 13 years in private trust and estate law practice in Maryland and Washington, D.C., most recently as a partner of Pasternak & Fidis, P.C.
Alex is Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, and author of the ACTEC State Survey on Surviving Spouse's Rights to Share in Deceased Spouse's Estate, first published in 2018. He has presented or lectured on a variety of trust, estate, and tax law topics at the Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning, the ABA - RPTE National CLE Conference, the ACTEC Mid-Atlantic Regional Meeting, the Maryland State Bar Association's Annual Meeting, and numerous continuing legal education seminars for the Maryland and D.C. bar associations.
- University of Maryland School of Law, JD
- University of Maryland, College Park, BA with Honors
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association, Estate & Trust Law Section Council
- Vice Chair, ABA-RPTE Non-Tax Estate Planning Considerations Group
- Certificate in Estate Planning, Georgetown University Law Center