Your mission is our mission.
For more than 20 years, Brown Advisory has partnered with endowments and foundations to help them fulfill their fiduciary responsibilities, realize ambitious financial goals and achieve their mission-related objectives.
Investment officers and investment committees at nonprofits face big challenges today—complex capital markets, tough regulatory oversight, high donor expectations and, in the coming years, lower expected market returns. We work with many nonprofit institutions, large and small, to help them overcome these challenges.
We focus on Strategic Advice to Help Nonprofits Pursue Ambitious Goals
We use the term strategic advice to describe our role in helping our clients solve their most pressing organizational challenges. Our aim is to provide holistic advice to clients, so we can broadly help them advance their nonprofit missions. We counsel our clients on many issues outside of traditional portfolio management, and work with them on topics ranging from municipal advisory services to charitable program development.
Our client teams partner with our in-house Strategic Advisory Group, to pinpoint each of our clients’ specific challenges and to develop customized solutions and action plans to address those challenges. In recent years, we have helped clients address a broad range of issues, including:
- Advice on governance
- Guidance on legal compliance, including:
- Advice on fiduciary duties and responsibilities
- Noninvestment risk management
- Tax compliance and tax reporting
- Philanthropic advisory services, including advice on:
- Complex grant making
- Fundraising and donor engagement
- Acceptance of illiquid gifts
- Planned giving
- Matters related to land acquisition opportunities
- Mission-related and impact investing